Reiki (pronounced Ray Key) is a combination of two Japanese words rei and ki meaning universal life energy. Reiki is an ancient laying-on of hands healing technique that uses the life force energy to heal, balancing the subtle energies within our bodies. Reiki addresses physical, emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances and can be experienced in one two ways; The Reiki practitioner serves as a vessel that supplies healing energies where they are most needed using either a ‘hands on’ delivery, where Reiki’s ki-energies flow out of the practitioner’s body through the palms of the hands while they are touching the recipient’s body, or via ‘distance healing’.
By using Reiki to balance the body’s energy and chakras, some, or all of the following benefits may be experienced:
- deep relaxation promoting the body to release stress and tension.
- acceleration of the body’s self-healing abilities.
- improved sleep patterns.
- reduction in blood pressure.
- can help with acute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and the breaking of addictions.
- Pain relief
- Removal of energy blockages, adjusting the energy flow of the endocrine system, bringing the body into balance and harmony.
- Assisting the body in cleansing itself of toxins.
- Reduction in some of the side effects of drugs and can help the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy.
- Boosts the immune system,
- Promotion of spiritual growth and emotional clarity.