A paraffin wax treatment is warm wax either painted onto your hands and feet or you dip your hands, feet into the hot wax bath or strips can be covered in the hot wax and then wrapped around the area to be covered. The wax raises the localised temperature aiding in relaxation, provides relief from pain and stiffness as well as promoting healing, by soothing the sensory nerve endings, which also increases perspiration. The relaxing of muscles, ligaments and tendons allows more flexibility.
It is relaxing and beneficial to the hands and feet.
How does it work?
The wax can hydrate from the outside with penetrating oils in the wax. It will increase circulation to the skin, allowing to heal from the inside. Due to the ability to retain heat, when it cools it transfers the warmth to the affected area, retaining moisture close to the skin. The heat from the wax opens pores, releasing toxins, increasing the circulation to the skin
What are the benefits?
- Helps make skin soft and supple – it adds moisture to the skin and will continue to do so even after the treatment
- Helps with cracked skin and promotes new cell growth
- Can help open pores and remove dead skin cells
- Nourishes and improves flaky nails & Cuticles
- Low Blood Pressure – Increases Circulation
- It can help with pain relief for people suffering from the below
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Other joint mobility conditions
- It can increase blood flow to the area
- Relaxing muscles and removing tension
- Decrease joint stiffness
There are contra-indications that should be considered when looking to have a treatment:
- High blood pressure
- Open wounds on area or rashes
- Numbness in area
- Cancer patients having Chemo/radiography
- Hot swollen joints
- Pins and plates
- Heat sensitive
- Hip replacements
- Eczema & Psoriasis
- Allergies – Wax used here can contain essential oils although there would be a plain scented wax available. Wax is based from petroleum products.
If in doubt about receiving a treatment please consult with your doctor before booking.